I saw the stars last night. It was great, but there was an admission fee. I paid for it with some bug bites, but it was worth the price as there were so many stars. I could see the Milky Way cloud of stars.
What if each star was unique, as each person is unique, each snowflake is unique, etc. We live in a unique world. It is the uniqueness that makes it great, especially when there is harmony. Harmony is important as well as beautiful. No one star was better, they were not in competition, it was the overall masterpiece I was enjoying. Yes some were brighter, some dimmer and all contributed to the masterpiece.
Where there is a masterpiece, there must be an artist. Our creator is an amazing artist, and so much more. He invites us into the artwork. Great artwork is when we can relate to it, to experience it for ourselves. I think God's greatest work of art, is still under construction, a real work in progress: His Church.
The Church is far from perfected, but Jesus came to be the model to follow. Jesus often said, “follow me.” Serve others, care for the outcast, and sacrifice for others. Jesus even tried to simplify it for us. Love God, Love people. Let people know that God's way of doing things has started, and is good news.
Throughout history, there have been some bright stars who followed well, and many dim ones. Some churches, some Christians, shine brighter, but they are still part of Jesus's Church. The masterpiece is not complete.
If we want the masterpiece to be better, we need to follow the model, and do what Jesus said.

No comments:
Post a Comment