Friday, April 3, 2015

It is Friday...Sunday is Coming


___________________________________________________________________________

It is Friday.
Jesus is waiting for me at the cross.
His words calling in my mind, but I do not go. I am afraid.
I was expecting something else. Last I knew we were planning a celebration.  What just happened? A sudden, unexpected ominous storm came from nowhere. Life has suddenly become dark. The once blue skies have suddenly turned black.

The Jesus I clung to.
The Jesus who taught with hope and promise, now hangs in obedience and humility.

He hangs there. His followers...we have all left.
He said, take up your cross and follow me. What does that mean?
He is hanging on the cross, letting the life go out of him.
Follow where?
He was to be the Way, the Truth, and the Light.
Now...There is no path. What is truth? I see no light.

Dreams so bright and promising... now empty, worthless, gone.
Hope once was so real... now gone without a trace.
Accusations, lies, betrayal, confusion... Denial.
Dark uncertainty fills my bewildered mind.
Pain like no other pain.
Fear overwhelming.
Loneliness.
Empty.
Lost.

How can this be a Good Friday? What can possibly be good about it?

This this was Peter before Sunday. Many of us have been here.
The question is: “Are we stuck in the dark, or do we know about Sunday?
To see the real Jesus, we need to first look at the cross.

It is FridaySunday’s coming


No comments:

Post a Comment