Thursday, May 1, 2008

Rafting – Life Lessons



I love the water, and love team work, love adventure. Put that together and you have whitewater rafting. I was a guide when I lived in New Mexico years ago and had a blast with a group called Whitewater Adventures. It was a non-profit that worked with church and youth groups. I started out on the path to become a guide at the US National Whitewater Center in Charlotte. Well I broke my foot and am still recovering. I have also had to re-prioritize my activities. The bottom line, we will have to wait on rafting…… Regardless, I was reminded of some life lessons that rafting brings to mind.



  • God is our guide; you would do well to listen to what He has to say.

  • Keep in the right current. The trip is exciting and life is better that way.

  • Don't put too much weight on feelings and fears. They have their use but their control will keep you from experiencing all that God has for you.

  • Things can be going along smoothly when all of a sudden you can find yourself hitting a rock. What matters is not the rock but how you deal with the situation. Will you take it in stride or let it ruin your trip?

  • Face your fears. Let them help you on your journey. Don't let them drag you down. Holding onto an anchor in deep water is not a good idea!

1 comment:

  1. This is great stuff. I can't wait to read your entry about Judo. You can use the WBTV newsclick as a reference. Also, you can use this an opportunity to promote lake safety. Do you mind if we post the blog as a link on the community website?

    Moffdaddy

    ReplyDelete